Thursday, March 24, 2005
hold on a sec.. let me get the wax out of my ears... What did you say??
 
President Bush: "it is wise to always err on the side of life"

Well, thank god he's weighed in on this whole Terri Schiavo case. Hmm.. is this the guy from Texas? The state that loves capital punishment and prefers NOT to err on the side of life? (and correct me if I'm wrong, but Bush IS all for the death penalty is he not? so.. abortion BAD, because it's murder. death penalty GOOD, because.. it's murdering a murderer??) Because I'm sure no one on death row has ever been wrongly convicted before, right? Nah... that would never happen. So *sometimes* it is best to err on the side of life.. in "extraordinary cases" .. but someone on death row does not qualify as an extraordinary case (and I guess in Texas it really wouldn't since it's more common there than any other state).

Then again, this IS the same feller who said a non-contiguous state would never work when he was tossing in his two cents worth about the Israeli-Palestinian road map. Really? A non-contiguous state would never work? Funny... Hawaii and Alaska might have something to say about that theory.

Boy, if it weren't for Bush quotes where WOULD I get my entertainment??

"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican"
-declining to take reporters questions during a photo op with Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, April 21, 2001