Friday, February 11, 2005
bits and bites
 
I have found a cool website that lets you download some songs for free. It gives you a chance to sample all kinds of music. If you want to try a variety of different Israeli musicians click here. I have already downloaded 40 songs! Some are reggae, some are trance, some are classics and some are just plain rock (I am quite found of RockFour and CoolooLoosh). Try a few, you might like them! If radio is more your thing click here for all kinds of Israeli radio stations you can listen to from the comfort of your home. And just for the hell of it, if you have never heard the Israeli national anthem you can listen to it here.

Michele over at A Small Victory has some of the funniest posts going. If you wanna read some funny stuff go here and here, though her whole page is hilarious right now as it is highlighting some of the world's creepiest Valentine's Day cards..

I have more Gmail invites than any human should. So for the love of all things holy, if you don't have a Gmail account by now just ask me and I will give you one. All the cool kids have one! (or three. shhh.)

So the other day I was in a local drugstore purchasing hair products (a personal vice of mine). When I was at the cash register the woman looked at the products, glanced up at me and remarked something to the effect of: "That is your natural hair colour? Or you do it like that on purpose?" *sigh* She is, of course, referring to my vast quantity of grey hair and remarkably I am asked this question a lot. As if someone would actually, on purpose, separate hundreds of individual hairs and dye them WHITE (here's a picture of my hair so's you can all have a gander). Anyway, I told her that yes, it was natural, to which she gave the usual gaspy remark "Oh my! So much on someone so young!". Yes, my hair has been turning grey since I was in highschool. No, I do not want to start dying it yet, because we all know that once you start you can never stop. In fact, I dare say I kinda even like my hair... but I know there will come a time when I'm not going to want to look 10 years older than I am. Until then, it lives.

Through the miracle of BlogExplosion I made the acquaintence of a cool blogger named Christian. Go check out his blog. If you like light sabers you might want to click here. If you are into the whole 911/war on terror/damn-that-bin-Laden kind of thing click here.

I have noticed I don't eat a lot of fast food. Like... hardly ever, in fact. And when I do it's a submarine sandwich. I guess that's a good thing, but I'm wondering why it is that I don't eat fast food; I think it's because of 10 years working in a retail store environment where you have to vast amounts of foodcourt food to survive. I'd be happy if I never ate another burger with fries ever again. Or maybe one day I will learn to appreciate them again.... maybe in another 10 years. For now my body thanks me for no longer eating that crap.

Omigod!!! It's Superman's fault that Pat Boone's song never became a hit!!! Superman IS a dick.

If you have been hanging out here for a while you know that I have a long standing love affair with breakfast cereal. There is usually no fewer than 5 boxes (sometimes upwards of 8) in my house at any given time, and it is the staple for me every morning. Sometimes it also serves as a snack before bed or as all three meals when I am feeling sick (thus so many different kinds in the house.. you wouldn't want to eat the SAME cereal for all three meals, would you??). However, I am learning that such is not the case for everybody.. so I am wondering: What do you guys eat for breakfast? I need some breakfast ideas if I'm going to make a change but I seriously lack breakfast creativity. I have been a slave to my breakfast cereal....a self-proclaimed cereal whore. But I am a woman open to change, so let's hear your suggestions.

I took a cool picture of a motel. Check it out. See? And you thought a motel couldn't look cool!!

And and thanks to all 17 folks who voted for me in the Jewish and Israeli Blog Awards. I am currently in second last place and getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter. So if you haven't voted for me yet please feel free to do so, the polls are only open until Saturday night. Click here if ya love me.

Shabat Shalom.