Wednesday, September 01, 2004
somewhere beyond the sea
 
Yet another great day in the land of milk and honey! And by god, I might even get a hint of a tan on this pastey white Canadian flesh of mine, damnit!!!

Today was spent in one of my favourite cities here in Israel (wait..do I say that everytime??), Yaffo (Jaffa). Love it, love it, love it. I beat my record for number of pictures taken so far this trip (65 or so in Jerusalem) and took a whopping 89 pictures in and around Yaffo! I am far too tired to begin editing them...there's so many it makes me exhausted just thinking about it. But hey, there are worse fates then taking pictures while on vacation. :-D

We went to the shuk in Yaffo since I am woefully addicted to Israeli markets. I picked up a few more items for some friends and ate the best couscous I have ever had (at a restaurant called Dr. Shakshuka). *dreamy!* We walked around and walked around....and I whined plenty about the heat. I can't help it! Before I even know it my mouth is open and the whining begins. LOL!

After that we went into Tel Aviv a bit and on the way back to Rehovot we stopped into a nice big mall in Rishon Letzion. Didn't buy anything, just walked around and enjoyed all the shops. I fell in love with a necklace there, but wasn't willing to drop the 340 shekels for it. Yow! Expensive!

And now I am dead tired. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, and seemed to be plagued by nightmares. I think being in Israel is stirring up some old ghosts for me. Being exhausted from the day of wandering around I should have better luck tonight with sleep. *fingers crossed*
Tomorrow: Haifa.