Friday, August 13, 2004
Friday the 13th
 
Once upon a time I used to say that there was nothing wrong with Friday the 13ths. That people are silly and superstitious about them for no reason. Heck *I* was born a Friday the 13th, and had always had good luck on those days! However, I think today may have changed my view on the matter.

This morning our offices (comprised of a whopping 6 of us, so we're tight-knit) got a call from one of our closest business partners; his 20 year old son was killed in a car accident this morning. I don't know how our partner even had the strength to call us, but he did. Now we are all walking around in a daze (a few crying), distracted by grief and unable to comprehend. Everyone is upset and heartbroken for our dearest and sweetest partner and friend; we are at a loss as to what to do or say; we all know there is nothing we can say that will comfort him and his family.So it looks like I'll be going to another funeral this week, likely on Sunday. :-(

I was going to write a big excited post about how it's one month until my 30th birthday, but somehow it hardly matters anymore....
I just want this week to be over, please. I can't handle anymore, I just can't. I need a vacation and I need it now. 13 days and counting.