Sunday, August 08, 2004
the 8th day of the week, affectionately known as Blahday
 
Despite a beautiful and sunny day here in Toronto I am feeling all kinds of blah. I think it has something to do with my parents....you know, the ones that are less than thrilled with the announcement that I am going to Israel. The reaction has been marginally better than last year's, but not by much. I'm not going to air my family's dirty laundry on my blog, just know that I'm bummed that I get no support or encouragement from my family. The weeks between now and the time I leave will be tension filled and often times silent where there once would have been conversation. What can I say? .... if the trip were to somewhere (ANYwhere) else they would be excited for me.

In an effort to not let the parental situation get to me I decided to muster the motivation to clean my apartment. Finally. I don't know why it seems so insurmountable to me everytime, but it's intensely difficult to bring myself around to doing chores. That's not to say my house is a complete pigpen...I do dishes everyday, for example (you only make THAT mistake once, peee-yew!). It's the floors, always the floors. Sweeping, mopping and vacuuming seems to be my least favourite thing on the planet to do. Maybe I'm just lazy...this is a possibility I have been debating heavily. Too bad, coz nothing puts me in a fine mood quite like a sparkling clean home!

So! I cleaned my apartment. And then I watched a movie called Spun, which served as a wonderful reminder of why drugs are bad. After that I felt myself sliding into the blah stage again so I decided to go for a bike ride. After a lovely bike ride through the neighbourhood I have showered and am settling in for the evening. This has felt like a long weekend which is good, I guess.

Oh, and btw....do NOT see the movie The Clearing unless you actually enjoy long, slow and painful torture. I don't know how they didn't get bored just filming the damn thing. I'd write a more scathing, angry review but I just don't care enough about it to even bother. Hell, I'd probably fall asleep just describing it to you. "So there's this guy named Wayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......."