Monday, August 02, 2004
finally, I can say it....
 
The rumours are true....I will be going to Israel sometime in the very near future. I have been blessed enough to have people in my life who are kind enough to help me see my way to the place I defend so fiercely in my heart and on my blog. To those I refer to, you know who you are and you know I am forever indebted. I will never be able to thank you enough for your generosity.

I have been holding off on mentioning my trip thus far because I had not yet told my parents; it seemed more respectful to tell them first than to tell everyone else. My parents took the news far better than last year (on my first trip), but I think they are still terrified. However if it is one thing they *did* learn from my trip last year it's that I will not be deterred by anything they can say; perhaps that's why they resolved to say nothing. This is something they may as well get used to; this isn't my first trip there and it won't be my last.

I am very excited about this trip and hope to make more of an adventure of it than the last time, despite the fact that the time I will spend there will be half of what it was the first time (I will have only a week in Israel). But anyone can tell you, it's about quality, not quantity. I also hope to see some of my favourite Israeli bloggers while I am there; these are people I have looked up to and was inspired by to start my own blog. Due to time constraints I am hoping to see most of them at once, for I will be unable to see them one at a time. We shall see.

Meantime I must make plans and try to find sleep in my excitement. :-) I'm going to Israel!!!!
Woo hoo!!