First of all, I commend anyone who has the patience to check back here to see if I've written anything. And thanks to those who raised their hands.
Without further ado, let me catch you up on the last few months....
- I believe I last left off saying I was heading to Atlanta for work. I spent a week in cold rainy weather in sales meetings all day. I'd like to say it was exciting but it really wasn't. Luckily I love the people I work with, so it was fun in that respect. A week later a tornado went through Atlanta and hit the hotel I had stayed in. Did I mention that my one big fear is tornadoes? *gulp*
- After I got back from Atlanta I had all of a few days to pack and move out of my apartment and back in with the parents. It was a nightmare and I am still looking for the box with all my shoes. I finally gave up and just bought new shoes.
So far living with the parents is going quite well and we all get along famously. My cat is happy to have me home and is stuck to me like glue at all times (this very moment included). The plan is to knuckle down and save money for a year to buy my own place. So far so good, I have my credit cards paid off and now I have a line of credit to pay off from my last trip to Israel.
- After getting an ultrasound back in February that showed some kind of tumour on my liver I had been waiting 6 weeks to see the liver specialist (welcome to Canada where it's free if you don't mind waiting a few months!). I finally saw said doctor last week who promptly took 7 vials of blood and told me I will be getting another ultrasound and an MRI to determine whether or not this tumour should be removed (he doesn't think it's malignant, but wants to be sure with the MRI). Lucky me, I get to wait until August.
- In an exciting, if not surreal, set of events.... I was standing in a post office filling out paperwork for a package when suddenly an SUV drove through the front of the store. Yeah you heard me. I just sort of stood there in shock for a moment... and asked the guy who owns the place (he was behind the counter).... "Did that really just happen?" Indeed it did and at that point the fella behind the wheel was now backing out of the store taking half the front of it with him and just missing my car by inches. After a few more frozen moments I walked outside to check on the driver and assess the damage. Eventually 2 fire trucks and an ambulance appeared, and of course, all kinds of cops. I had to stick around for an hour to give my statement and to be the voyeur by taking pictures on my cell phone. It was a crazy, crazy day.
- I'm kinda cooking up another blog..... I'll share when it's ready (probably tomorrow) but want to make sure I start to get back into the rhythm of writing again first. Blogging was much easier when I wasn't on the road so much, and often by the time I get home I just wanna crash. The new blog will be themed, so that should help. Pet lovers will enjoy. ;-)
- work is kicking my butt the last few months, and the last few weeks in particular. I'm hustling for a promotion, so it's all work and no play for this girl. If living with the parents didn't cramp this single girl's lifestyle, working long hours will do it. Dating has become a write off as I have time for little more than work and sleep. I'm a fun girl.
- a special shout-out goes to Mulder in Israel for being persistent enough to keep trying to reach me; you are a better friend than I am. I miss you! And to My Big Gay Daddy who remembered it was my 9 year celebration/birthday yesterday; you were only one of two who remembered. I adore you with all my heart for remembering.
Nu? Was that enough for now? If I think of anything else I shall post again.