Sunday, February 03, 2008
5 things
 
1) I didn't go to work on Friday, I'll give you three guesses why. 2, if you use the clue on the left there (click for the larger image if it'll help *wink*. that was taken from my balcony). Yikes! This has been the craziest winter in the Toronto area, ever! I know the world thinks Canada is always under a foot of snow, but I'm telling you Toronto doesn't usually get it too bad... uh, until this winter it seems. I'm thinking mother nature is none too happy with what we're doing to the environment and now she's lettin' us have it. Consider us spanked this winter.




2) I am still upset about the news of Heath Ledger dying. I am in full denial and feel complete melancholy for him as if I knew him; I know it's absurd, but his movies made me laugh and cry and all those others emotions an actor hopes to invoke in you with a performance. He had a promising future and I mourn what we will never learn he was fully capable of.





3) Tomorrow I go for my 1 month follow up appointment after my corrective laser eye surgery on Jan 3rd. I am very excited to hear how the healing process is coming along. Once again, to anyone considering it I say GO for it. It's not nearly as scary as you think it will be and it is worth every penny. No more hiding my pretty blue peepers behind glasses! (I have had even MORE compliments on my eyes in the last month, than ever! I think it's because they are smiling now! :-)

4) While I was on "vacation" for a week and a half in January (getting my eyes fixed) I also went and had an ultrasound done. I have been complaining about abdominal pain for the longest time (and I mean years) and with my belly button giving me problems yet again (I had a hernia repaired about 7 years ago) the doctor sent me out for an ultrasound to investigate. A week ago I got a call from the doctor's office that she wanted to speak to me about the results. *gulp* I went in on Thursday and she informed me that there is a "mass of interest" on my liver about 4cm x 4cm x 2cm (1.5" x 1.5" x 1"). That's not exactly tiny and they would like to run all kinds of horrible tests to figure out what it is. Ask me how excited I am about this (not very, would be my answer). Interestingly, I recall someone mentioning seeing it while doing an ultrasound on me just before I got my appendix out, but they didn't seem concerned then, so neither was I. 10 years later it's apparently big enough to be of concern. Great.

I have not told my parents, as my mother would *freak* out (we've only lost most of our family to cancer, so she's pretty paranoid about such things). I'd rather get some answers before I cause her any worries, so we'll see what the first round of tests tell us and hopefully I won't need a biopsy. Keep your fingers crossed for me gang, I'll let you know how it goes.

UPDATE: My mother now knows (she asked about my ultrasound results and I'm not a very good liar) and my appointment for the first round of tests is set: Wed Feb 6, 9:45am (EST). Can hardly wait..... the concept of "nuclear medicine" doesn't sound troubling at all! lol Go ahead, inject me with radioactive fluid, I don't mind!

5) Lastly, it's worth noting that I will be moving out of my beloved apartment of 2 years at the end of the month, and back in with the parents. I have been toying with this idea for quite a while and have decided I am rather tired of paying nearly $1400 a month in rent and would rather be putting that towards a mortgage. So I am going to save up for a while and all going well, I will buy my own place by the end of the year. *fingers crossed* While I absolutely adore my parents and we are very close, it was still hard for me to agree to move back (they have been offering for ages now!). I like my independence and all, and even if there is an endgoal in mind it's still a pride issue for me..... feels like coming home is admitting defeat, or like I have my tail between my legs. I know it's not when I think about it rationally, but still.... I've been on my own a long time. A girl gets used to parading around her home nekkid. *wink*

Anyway, I'm getting excited about the idea now as I begin the process to get pre-approved for a mortgage and start the home search. I decided late last year that 2008 was going to be MY year... thus the eye surgery and my moving home with the parents. I have lofty goals and I intend on reaching them. This is going to be an interesting year......