Sunday, March 12, 2006
it's a good thing I love my new job...
 
Oy, what a week. I was supposed to be out of town this weekend but due to some issues cropping up I have been asked to stay in town and attend a meeting Monday morning. This afforded me a chance to be home for the weekend to do laundry, some paperwork and get organized for another week out on the road. Looks like I might be in Montreal next week, when I finish up my area, to give my Quebec counterpart a hand. I adore her so I'm all for helping out if I can.

Anyway! That's all boring to you, I'm sure, but sadly I have little else to offer in the way of conversation. I've been working monster hours these days, walking out the door at 7am and crawling back in at 10:30pm and into bed, only to get up and do it all again 8 hours later. Good fun! Painkillers and hot baths have been a staple of my getting-ready-for-bed routine. That and massaging my feet in order to make them stop hurting long enough for me to fall asleep.

All that being said I am (still!) happy in my job. The crazy hours were to be expected and it won't always be like this. By the end of the month things should settled down... hopefully soon enough to afford me an opportunity to pack and move into my new place. Whew. Now THAT'S a busy schedule.

I managed to make time talk to a few friends this weekend; saw an old buddy of mine (and sometime commentor, Melra) on Friday night and we sat up and talked until 4am (how I stayed up that late after working all day is still a mystery to me). Today I talked to my friend Mulder who was sweet enough to call me all the way from Israel and make my day, as his voice *always* cheers me up. And tonight I'm off to see a some friends of mine and their new baby.

That's about all I have for now; I leave tomorrow afternoon for the great white north to work my butt off some more and will stay at Grandma's until Thursday morning and then I am on the road again heading south east.

I shall part by leaving you a couple of pictures from yesterday; my mom and I decided to go for a walk in a ravine/park and thought it would be a great plan to bring my cat Isaac. How cute is he?!?