Saturday, July 10, 2004
fun, frolic and festivals
 
Well, I intend to make the most of my weekend starting today. I am meeting up with a friend of mine and he and I are going to hang out for the day doing the downtown Toronto thang. We're gonna start by taking in the sights, sounds and tastes of the Toronto Street Festival. Should be a lot of fun and the weather looks good for today; not too hot, not too cold. After that we're going to try a new restaurant, though we're not sure yet which one (we'll see where we end up). Every summer Toronto has what's called Summerlicious in which all kinds of normally expensive restaurants offer a set menu for $10 - $30 (depending on lunch or dinner) giving you the opportunity to try out a new place you might not otherwise be able to afford. It's great food at a great price, and I'm definitely up for that.

After walking around and eating we might catch a movie. Who knows which one yet, I don't know. And after that we're going to go see my brother's band play at a bar called El Mocambo. But that won't be until about 11pm, so we have all day to wander the streets of Toronto. Sounds like fun, no?
What are you kids up to this weekend?