Sunday, December 07, 2003
the circle of life
 
I don't know about you, but I find it can be mighty hard to keep the faith that things will work out when you are in the middle of a crisis. This past week has been an intensely emotional one for me, as most of you know and have been reading. And as is the case with any crisis you really start to see who your friends are, which can sometimes be a painful lesson on one hand, but a wonderful one on the other.

And at the end of the week when I felt like all I wanted to do was crawl into a cave and disappear for a while I got a text message from my friend in England; the day after the funeral my friend had her baby boy. Just as one life drew to an end another began. I was so happy to get some good news that I actually cried....and I don't think I have ever cried happy tears at the news of a birth before. lol. But I was grateful that mother and son were well, and the timing couldn't have been better. (a big hug and mazel tov to the family!)

Then came Saturday. I spent the day doing absolutely nothing and just enjoying the slow pace of a day off. In the evening, I went out on a date. As I said, I'm not much of a keener when it comes to dating, but I found a fellow who has intrigued me. We met up and had a wonderful night filled with good food at Alice Fazooli's (the poor waitress was forced to listen to me go on and on about how good my food was), and then some fun and frolic at Playdium (an arcade of sorts), and finished off with a movie (Timeline). All I can say is that I had an awesome time....I can't remember when I've had so much fun on a date; it's been a long time, kiddies. lol. Who'da thunk it possible?? *grin*

Stay tuned, I might just give the Irish lad another date.....whattya say Lucky? :-P
(and once my arm has recovered, prepare to have your ass whipped again in another rousing round of air hockey)
BOOYAH!

In the meantime I am going to round out my weekend with more time well spent among my friends; 6 of us are heading out to stuff our faces with sushi. MMMMMMM!!!! A perfect end to a most excellent weekend. :-D