Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Inked
 
Oh boy.... it's happening again. That itch that needs to be scratched.....
The need for a tattoo.

It's been a number of years since my last tattoo (sounds like I'm in a confessional...) and frankly I thought I had managed to overcome the desire after only three, but in the last few days I have spent hours on various websites trying to hone my desires down to one concept. I have it down to two ideas and I will work out with my man Travis what we will do in the end. I am beyond excited about it and all going well I might get it on Sunday. Stay tuned on that front, coz this tattoo is gonna be a BIG one.

Having spent hours upon hours on various tattoo sites I can safely say I cannot always account for people's choices. I mean, we often make choices with our tattoos that we might not feel as strongly about later, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to ever tattoo myself with the word "slut" as I saw *repeatedly* on women. I have no idea why they thought that was a good idea.

Here are some other gems I found... be sure to click the pic for a larger image.

Oh HERE'S a beauty!!! Taking two of the most cliched tattoos (the butterfly and the dolphin) and COMBINING them!!! Wow, there are no words for such a monstrosity, let alone one so very large on the girl's back. The only consolation is that she won't have to look at it all the time. She can kinda forget it's there.




This one you should really click on to enjoy the full size... go ahead, I'll wait here. Stunning, isn't it? Sure is! And that's right, you're seeing a chicken dressed up as a nun! And why not, really. It was my first choice for my next tattoo but upon seeing this I didn't want to come across as a copy cat, so.....

A strangely recurring/common theme in the tattoo world is one of the male and female genitals. Disturbingly, they are often mutated into creatures or monsters or.... well... just have a look at this "cockstrich". I'm not sure what I like more about it.... the old school military garb on the guy riding it or the seemingly superfluous cupid with an erect penis flying overhead. I cannot possibly imagine what this person was going for, I really can't.




Perhaps the cockstrich chap is friends with this fella who thinks penises also make beautiful butterflies. Really? Because I gotta tell ya.... a penis is not exactly the most attractive part of a man, no matter how you try to pretty it up. The squirting ejaculation doubling as antenna are a nice touch. Pure class, gentlemen.

Here's one my sister-in-law would appreciate, given that she too is a librarian. This is like some kinda badd-ass rogue librarian.... coz whoever heard of a librarian who gets tattoos?? Kudos to the librarian who goes against social expectation!







Now HERE'S a tattoo I can get behind.... a cereal themed tattoo! I mighta chosen something closer to my heart like Booberry or Frankenberry, but Toucan Sam gets my respect just the same. In fact, hats off the person who loves his cereal so much that it required a tattoo love-profession. Even *I* don't love my cereal that much and anyone who knows me knows I loves my cereal.

And last but not least...... I of course need to give a nod to something in Hebrew. This one has a Matrix feel to it, which gives it bonus points. You can't go wrong combining two loves (unless of course it involves butterflies and dolphins in which case you might need to have your head examined).



Alright, that's it for now. Perhaps I shall entertain you with more again.... this has been an amusing way to start the day. ;-)

Labels: