Tuesday, May 02, 2006
remembering to stop
 
Having a job like mine is such a double edged sword, I tells ya. On one hand I love the fact that I work out of my home and that I don't have an office to report to everyday. It's nice not being chained to a desk and on these beautiful sunny days it's great to be out driving around in it and enjoying it. On the other hand, driving as a mainstay of your job can get to you after awhile, ya know? By the end of the weekend I had had about enough of driving as I had totalled over 10 hours in the car over 2.5 days. That and I am working a lot of evenings and weekends so having only one day off a week right now is tiring. In the end, I managed to sweet talk my boss though.... I am making the upcoming long weekend into an extra long one. Four day weekend for me! Gives me something to look forward to...

While up north visiting my grandma and setting up a new store I had an opportunity to see an old childhood friend of mine. We've known each other for somewhere around 21 years. She is getting married this November and has tapped me to be a bridesmaid, a first for me. I told her I must love her a LOT if I am willing to get into a dress for her. haha... We spent some time together catching up and yes, shopping for a dress. Not my element, so I look like a fish out of water in these shops. Very amusing to an outsider, I'm sure.

After my trip up north I was back home Sunday and finally got a day off (if you don't include the 3 hours of paperwork I did. *groan*). The boss called me early Monday morning (who calls before 8am??) and asked if I was feeling burnt out yet. Uh.... YEAH! Says I. hahaha...
Anyway, I'm just holding on until the end of the month.... things will hopefully settle by then. Hey, a girl can dream can't she?

In other news Israel is having it's Memorial Day today... they honour those who have fallen to ensure her existence today. Sirens blare and the entire country comes to a standstill to stop and remember (yes, people pull their cars over to get out and stand in respect). It's a somber day of reflection.... which is then placed back to back with one of Israel's greatest celebrations; Independence Day! Israel turns 58 tomorrow.... and celebrates with barbeques and parties all over the country. I love the dichotomy of the two days! What a great way to show respect and joy for what you have....