Sunday, February 04, 2007
a kitten needs your help!
 

Well, here I am returning a favour.

My longtime readers will remember that in Aug/Sept of 2005 I had a pitstop in Budapest on my way to Israel. Upon reading my blog and seeing that I would be in her neighborhood, a kindly fellow blogger whom I had never met, offered to meet me at the airport and take me on a tour of the city. She patiently took me to all the tourist sites where I took pictures and frolicked with unbridled tourist passion, and then we had dinner; I had a 12 hour layover and it was well spent thanks to Noorster. I had the time of my life and it was definitely a highlight of my trip. If not for the kindness of a stranger I would not have toured Budapest!

Now I would like to return the favour by drawing some attention to her call for help. Noorster has since moved to Israel and while settling in has taken in a stray kitten (there are oh-so-many in Israel) and named him Marzipan. This kitten desperately needed a home and Noorster gave him one. However, the new addition has had a severe and extremely adverse reaction to his vaccines and it has turned cancerous (read the whole story here and here). The poor dear is now undergoing all kinds of tests and is running around with one of those terrible cones on his head and 12 or so stiches on his haunch. The bills are racking up and Noorster is in need of some financial assistance.

I have kicked in some money and hopefully you can too! Every little bit helps, folks... so please chip in a couple of bucks if you can; just head over to her blog and click the PayPal donation button at the top right. Even if you don't have a PayPal account you can still use a credit card, so don't be shy! Help save a kitty's life!