Friday, August 05, 2005
The Announcement!
 
Ladies and gentlemen, it's official....... I am going to Israel!!

I have been holding back the announcement while I ironed out details of financing, but I think it's safe to say at this point that I will be leaving in just over 3 weeks. I have had to take out a bank loan (line of credit) in order to finance this, which is no easy feat when you have quit your job! I have to make monthly payments on that loan while I am gone if I am to have any sort of decent credit history when I return, and that is where all of you have come to my rescue. The funds raised from my bracelet sales will be absolutely critical to making this plan work. I have isolated that money and it will be used very carefully to ensure that I do not default on my loan payments. Without all of you, this trip would not be possible.

Now I am losing sleep (I have been up since 5:30 this morning, unable to sleep) as I keep thinking about all the things I need to do before I go. Set up payments on my loan, on bills that need to be paid while I am away (credit card, car payments, etc) and on money I owe to the government. I need to buy supplies, clothes, hiking boots, etc. I need to pack up my apartment and get it ready for a friend of mine who will be subletting it from me. I need to cancel my phone and internet services and teach my friend how to take care of my giant fishtank. I need to make sure paperwork is in order for everything from insurance to Livnot forms.

*sigh* So much to do and the stress level is rising rapidly. I want to thank every single one of you for your truly amazing support and encouragement. If you had told me last year that I would be walking away from my job and life here to go to Israel for 5 months I never would have believed you. Yet here I am chasing a dream thanks to you. I am humbled and honoured. Thank you, everyone.
Shabat Shalom.