Sunday, October 18, 2009
movin' on up
 
Oh the joys of packing and moving, especially given that I just did it 10 months ago. I'm trying to be all zen about it and tell myself this is a fantastic new journey and opportunity but it doesn't exactly wash with me as I pack, compartmentalize, tape and label my life in little brown boxes. Nothing like trying to find a way to pack things and mark them in a way that might allow you to crack the code later, allowing you to find that item again under duress.

I have moved countless times in my life.... indeed this with be my 4th time in the last 3 years alone... but it doesn't make it any easier or fun. I am going through a merciless tossing of crap and have rented a dump bin for a week so I may pare my belongings down to a manageable amount. Going from a house down to a condo with no storage will certainly be a challenge. It helps you dig deep and make decisions about what's really important. It's an interesting experience, I highly recommend it.

I have watched my far share of shows that aim to declutter homes and so I am trying to apply what lessons I have gleaned from these programs. I have a box for garbage, a box for recycling, a box for donations, and then what's left gets packed. It's been liberating and terrifying at the same time, lemme tell ya.

But I am a new woman... I have decided to let go of all my VHS tapes. Yeah, you heard me! and I have my first Blu Ray disc! Bring on the new home!!

Labels: