The motherboard is fried on my computer. This is tragic on so many levels. Losing my computer is like losing a limb.
I think I'm gonna go to my corner for a bit and feel sorry for myself.
I'm grumpy. Work is making me grumpy. People are making me grumpy.
For this reason I am only going to write in broken thoughts and random tidbits. Proceed with caution as my grumpiness taints all that I write at the moment. You have been warned! }:-D
- I got carded last night buying a lottery ticket. I did a verbal double take when the guy asked for ID. He mumbled the question and so I said "No. Wait.... what? Yes. Did you just ask if I have ID??". He reminded me that one has to be 18 to buy a ticket. I couldn't speak after that, only laugh as I dug around for my license. I'm sure I'm supposed to be flattered that I am over 30 but look 18 but really it felt more like I was on candid camera, coz you MUST be joking.
- I have had 3 dreams in the last week about planes crashing. This is unnerving for someone who doesn't like flying. I also had dreams about co-workers using rocket launchers, and futuristic orange subways/trains that will turn upside down and sideways to get around buildings and obstacles. I won't bother trying to describe it any further as I won't be able to do the vision justice. Just know that it was damn cool and went up and down the sides of buildings.
- I used to really love Carrie Fisher
a lot when I was growing up and wanted to be just like Princess Leia
(really, what girl in the 80's didn't want to be?). I was even reading her books
when I was like, 11, and they were certainly weren't age-appropriate but who cared coz it was written by Carrie Fucking Fisher!! NOW, however, I can't watch her anymore. She's one of the judges on the new talent reality show called On The Lot
and she's so annoying it makes me want to cry. I can't even describe why in any detail without getting all worked up, so just believe me when I say I want to slap her and change the channel.
- Speaking of annoying celebrities, I can't muster even the slightest hint of sympathy for Paris Hilton
. Po po rich girl who got caught drinking and driving. And then driving after her license got taken away. Boo hoo. I guess I'd have more sympathy if only a good friend of mine hadn't been killed a few years back by a drunk driver. Toss her in jail and let her stew in her own stupidity. I'm quite sure a measly 45 days won't kill the girl. It'll be character building. And aren't we all looking forward to the inevitable made-for-tv movies and books? I can hardly wait. *sigh*
- on a happier note the grocery store around the corner from me (Sobey's
) has dedicated almost an entire aisle to "Jewish" food. In other words, they have moved beyond matza ball soup and have a *wide* variety of Israeli goods! I skipped up and down the aisle with glee as I found all kinds of my favourite Israeli gum and chocolate and snacks. Eeeeek!!! Elite
- ok here's a link
to a bizarre article about some kind of crazy fight in Israel over a guy's pet squirrel. "A Ramat Gan resident was indicted at the Tel Aviv District Court Sunday for arson, after he torched a man's motorbike because the latter failed to give him his squirrel." Man, ya just can't make this stuff up.
- a sad and bizarre article about a teenage girl
who died from using too much "sport's cream" (aka: Bengay and the like). She was really into sports and I guess used the product often for sore muscles. Who knew you could die from absorbing too much?? Not me, that's for damn sure.
- here's a fine article
about how to subdue an 8 year old. Only an ex-schoolyard bully (or elder sibling) could dream up this sort of torture.
Alright, that's it for now. The next entry will be about my belly button, so stayed tuned. Meanwhile I am leaving tomorrow and will be out of town for days on end. I'll be back Sunday night.