Saturday, June 19, 2004
deep throat
 
I have a rant brewing in me over the murder of Paul Johnson and consequent killing of a top Al Qaeda leader, but quite frankly I am not up to writing it right now. I woke up this morning feeling like I had been doing a fire breathing routine the night before, or perhaps gargling razor blades in my sleep. My throat is raw and *burning* like a sonofabitch. It really hurts and it causes a bizarre dry feeling in my throat which then leads my mouth to produce an inhuman amount of saliva in order to try and lubricate it. And with all this extra spit production I am now forced to either swallow it every two seconds (believe me, you can only drink so much before you throw it back up) or I spit it out with great frequency. I have resorted to spitting into a plastic container I have beside me at any given time rather than get up every other minute. Sounds disgusting to have a plastic bowl full of spit, I know, but what can I do. I feel like crap and I am low on energy; I am not getting up 50 times in an hour just to walk over to the sink to expel spit.

I didn't go to the tattoo convention like I so desperately wanted to today because I am feeling like crap. Perhaps it was meant to keep me from getting a tattoo, I dunno. I only left my house long enough to go to my parents house to feed the cats while they are away and then I stopped by Blockbuster to rent a few movies to keep my occupied while I am sick. I also stopped by the grocery store and picked up a few melons; I figured they'd be easy on the throat and good for me if this is all I end up eating today (I don't know know how people eat chicken soup when their throat is like this, it makes mine burn that much more). All I can say is.......is THIS the thanks my body gives me for taking care of it with healthy food and exercise??? Tsk. SO not fair.

And Oren has been the only one to write me to ask for a Gmail account; I guess no one else was interested? Oren got one coz he's pretty much the sweetest Israeli boy going, and we all know I have a soft spot for Israelis. *wink*

Hope everyone's weekend is going better than me...